...a blog about nature, life and cooking spiced up with pictures...

Friday 11 May 2012

To care or not to care? That is the question

Is it only me or are there other people who think that our society is inevitably heading towards what's morally wrong, stupid and idiotic? Why do human beings assume they are superior to other creatures? I am a part of this world myself but at least I'm trying to make a difference. We trash our planet every day, leaving thousands of rubbish on the streets. If you think that recycling is the ultimate solution then you're dead wrong. Look at the facts. We are a society deprived of any morality, of any sense what's right and wrong. We compulsively buy stuff. Lipsticks, new nail varnishes, new computers, sofas, chemically unstable detergents and the list goes on. There is this trend on YouTube where girls (or even grown-up women) show recently purchased products from MAC or other fancy brands. There are thousands of them out there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing anyone in particular. What I'm saying is, there should be an end to all this. This is just unrighteous. I am a woman myself and believe me, I really do like nail varnishes myself. But there is a limit. A certain sacred boundary we should've never crossed in the first place. I try to look on the big picture. I'm aware that we, as humans, are narcissistic, vain and egocentric. New shoes, new clothes... do we really have to take part in this vicious circle meticulously prepared by the greatest, and most evil, economic minds in the history of our civilization? No. You don't really need ANOTHER pair of shoes or new earrings. You can either buy USED ones, or you can simply invest in the future of your children and their children and their children by simply... getting involved. 

That's all I wanted to say in this post :)

I also strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to read further about how we're destroying our planet. That's the website anyway: http://www.storyofstuff.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment